Some quick news from around the world
- The Canadian Dollar reached a 3 month high relative to the USD as oil and metal prices became stronger. Time for some cross border shopping?
- Our country’s trade deficit unexpectedly soared to $1.8 billion in June. This means we are importing more stuff than selling to other countries.
- China’s export growth slows, which signals the global economy is weakening. I would take any numbers coming out of China with a grain of salt.
- The nearly bankrupt U.S. Postal Service reported a $5.2 billion loss for the quarter and warned it will miss benefits payment. Uh oh, maybe those public sector jobs with great benefits and pensions aren’t as safe as I thought they were.
- US Government won’t prosecute Wall Street firm Goldman Sachs in a financial fraud probe. I guess there’s no point to investigate them because investment banks are always innocent right?
Random Useless Fact: This little critter below is called the skeleton shrimp. They’re no bigger than your pinky finger but they’re one of the most creepiest things I’ve ever seen.