In some parts of the world steaks are rare, but if you can find one well done! because today we will learn how to prepare a juicy steak for only $4. Welcome to another edition of cooking with Liquid. 🙂
For this recipe I’m using a 9.5 oz inside round steak which costs $3.57 from MarketPlace IGA, a local grocery chain. I find round cuts are good value for steaks at roughly $13/kg, and can be found in most supermarkets. I’m also using carrots and green beans because they are cheap and abundant across Canada and the U.S. A bundle of 10 carrots is $1.79 in Vancouver. That works out to only 18 cents each! Green beans cost $1.78 for a large handful and are a good source of potassium and dietary fibre.
Note: This post contains images of meat. I hope I didn’t offend any vegetarian readers. Feel free to stop reading here if you want, but doing so could be a missed steak. 😀
Easy Steak Recipe
- 1 steak, any size you want (9.5 ounce pictured below)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- vegetables of your choice
- salt and pepper, or seasoning of your choice
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Then season the veggies and steak, and place them into the pan
- After cooking for 3 minutes on one side, turn over the steak and veggies and cook for another 3 minutes
- Remove steak from the pan and let it rest on a plate for 2 minutes while the veggies finish cooking
Eh Voila! 😀 A succulent steak dish cooked to medium-rare in less than 10 minutes. Bon appétit! It’s an easy weeknight dinner recipe for busy people who are looking for a frugal, yet somewhat fancy meal.
Below is the receipt of the ingredients I bought and used for this recipe.